Wednesday, September 23, 2009

9-11




This is one of those posts where the title says it all. We all know what happened, and most of us remember what we were doing. I'll be honest, I was asleep and had no intentions of getting up til AT LEAST 1pm, well...At the time I was living with my mother and grandmother. My mom came rushing in and woke me up saying "two airplanes just crashed into the Trade Center Towers, and one fell!"

Now. If you know me on any form of a personal level, you know talking to me in my sleep is the equivalent of talking to a zombie with 1/4 of a brain. What I heard, processed as a plane hit the control tower of the air port and it fell. Still a sad situation, but not even a thousandth of the magnitude of what had really happened. It wasn't til we were sitting in the Ford dealership for whatever reason, and I was watching the TV screen....Thats when I felt bad for my lack of concern or care. It was then that I realized what exactly had happened earlier that morning when I was in my morning coma.

So lets skip the rest of the story and get to the photos. Every year the City of Odessa puts up 'X' amount of flags in a memoriam of what happened that morning. I'd love to know the exact number so if you do, by all means let me know. These are just a few images of the yearly memorial.
This first one is actually from a tea party held down town, but in my own opinion, it fits.

1 comment:

dunebat said...

Awesome shots! Old guy in the pic with the rows of flags looks kinda like Cotton Hill.