Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Got tha blues!

Having a second job is usually a scary, time consumer, energy zapping, life-altering thing. No one likes it, no one wants to do it, as much as I enjoi working I thought I could do it. NOPE!
However, I took a second job with Pixel8 design group as their photographer, so that isn't such a bad second job.


The last thing they sent me out on was to photograph a blues festival they were putting on in a neighboring town (more like a village), it was fun, I enjoi'd myself, an the old folk were something to behold!


When a lot, if not most of us, think of old people, we see canes and walkers, oxygen and dialysis- that sort of thing.
Well. There were plenty of oxygen tanks and walkers (no dialysis) and canes, but with each person was a new smiling, friend face eager to welcome myself and the person accompanying me to the festival. The man in the first photo was less worried about his health and more concerned about his face "breaking my camera" if anything he gave me the best shot I've had through the dang thing since I got it!

Remember what I said about smiling faces? Case-in-point. As the guy above was the best shot I've taken through my new light box, this one was the happiest face I've managed to capture. Him and his old folk band were up on the stage and me and my whipper-snapper self were being the typical youngster and butting into things, in this case, for a photo or two of the band. He didn't mind, in-fact if you ask me he seemed to enjoi it. Really, just look at him.














All in all, it was a worth-while trip. Pay aside I had fun and talked to the mayor of......well of some tiny town in Texas of which I can not recall the name, but he was friendly enough to make me want to live where he lived. So next time you find yourself face to face with some grumpy old fart, just remember they have bad days like we all do, and more than likely you caught him on one. As for me? I've decided old people are the happiest people. They know me than we care to learn in a single sitting, and if you talk with them long enough they'll probably teach you a thing or two ;)

Adios.

No comments: